Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fun Science Craft for Spring

Are you ready for spring!! 

In preparation for a workshop I did over the weekend, I came across an activity that discussed painting by freezing colored water. Those of you who know me really well, know that I am not one of those people to simply just believe something works. True to form, I tried it out.

Let me just say, this is one of the coolest things I have done in a long time! It just made me say-I Love Science!

This activity is a fun and inexpensive way to teach children about melting and freezing.  So go to the store today and get the supplies.
Here is what you need:
Bag of Straws

Ice tray
Food coloring-red, blue, yellow

This is what you do:
Add water to the tray and then the food coloring; stir


Straws-cut them and put in the water. These will be your handles-just put in before freezing














Then all you do is put in freezer and freeze!! When you take them out of the tray, they will look like this:
Cute!

 And soon you will be able to do this!
Painting a rainbow with colored ice!

This is a picture I painted. Don't you just want to say Science Rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message about my blog!